Dog licenses are due from June 1st through June 30th for all dogs six months old or older.
Licenses may be obtained in person, or by mail. Per Connecticut General Statutes 22-338(b) and 22-338, you must provide us with a current valid rabies certificate and a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable).
If you want to license your dog through the mail, please mail the following items to: Town Clerk, 11 Rye St., Broad Brook, CT 06016.
1. Check made out to: “Town of East Windsor” for the applicable fee.
2. Late fees included in check (if applicable).
3. Current valid rabies certificate
4. Spay/Neuter certificate (if applicable).
5. Self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the dog license, dog tag, rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate.
The town Clerk’s office hours are Mon.-Wed. 8:30-4:30, Thurs. 8:30-7:00 and Fri. 8:30-1:00. For more information about dog licenses, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 292-8255.
Dog License Fees:
Neutered Male or Spayed Female $8.00
Male or Female (not spayed or neutered) $19.00
Kennel (10 tags) $51.00
Guide Dogs - Free
Lost Tags $.50
Transfer from another CT town $.50
Transfer of ownership $1.00 (if already licensed)
Late Penalty $1.00 per month or fraction thereof - starting in July