Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources
  • Agendas & Minutes
  • Forms, Documents & Permits
  • Pay Bill Online
  • GIS/Maps
  • Contacts Directory
  • Subscribe to News
  • Live Stream and Recorded Video
  • Charter & Ordinances
  • Employment Opportunities
  • RFPs / Legal Notices
  • 250th Anniversary
  • Casino Development Agreement
 
February 8, 2006 Minutes
Page 1 of 2
TOWN OF EAST WINDSOR
NATURAL RESOURCE PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
A SUBCOMITTEE OF THE EAST WINDSOR
CONSERVATION COMMISSION/INLAND WETLANDS AND WATERCOURSE AGENCY

MEETING MINUTES – REGULAR MEETING

Date:           February 8, 2006

Location:       Melrose School House, Route 140

I.      Attendance
A.      Members Present:  George Grant (Chairman), Mike Kovalcek, Doug Wilson (Secretary), Jim O’Donnell
B.      Members Absent:  Albert Grant, Janice Warren, Barbara Smigiel
C.      Guests:  None
II.     Call to Order
A.      G. Grant called the meeting to order at 7:39 PM
III.    Meeting Minutes
A.      Motion by M. Kovalcek to accept meeting minutes of as read; Motion passed all in favor.
IV.     Unfinished Business
A.      Membership Recruitment
1.      At their January 17 meeting, the Board of Selectmen created two alternate positions and appointed Janice Warren to the NRPC.  Linda Kehoe has officially resigned from the NRPC.  The Town web page may need updating to reflect these changes.  
2.      J. O’Donnell moved to appoint D. Wilson as secretary.  M. Kovalcek seconded.  Motion passed with one abstention.
B.      Referendum on Bonding
1.      G. Grant reported that he attended the January Board of Finance meeting.  The BOF was receptive to the concept of a referendum on bonding – in a general way.  The meeting was positive and the BOF had lots of questions.  The BOF members agree with the concept and are generally willing to go ahead with the referendum for bonding, but they also wonder where to get the money for the bonding from.  The matter has been placed on the February 21 BOS agenda to revive the previously written referendum question.  Theoretically, the BOF still needs to endorse the referendum question.
2.      G. Grant will call Linda Roberts to confirm the process for approval of the referendum.  G. Grant will also get a summary of how the bonding process works to the BOF for their February 15 meeting.
3.      The bonding could still be brought to a town meeting instead of a referendum.  The BOS would need to schedule and then the meeting would be held two (2) months after.
C.      Open Space Plan
1.      D. Wilson presented draft criteria to the group.  Some criteria were added as a result of the discussion.  The additions need to be added to the criteria list and scoring needs to be assigned.  Several test case properties were discussed.
D.      Revisions to P&Z Regulations
1.      J. O’Donnell attended the December P&Z workshop on the regulation changes.  J. O’Donnell reported that the main issue seemed to center on the percentage of land area set aside in new subdivisions.  The developable land is almost never included in open space dedicated to the Town.  There may be a February workshop.  The draft regulations are available now.  NRPC members should review the draft regulations.  J. O’Donnell to invite representatives of Residents Against Irresponsible Development (RAID) to the next NRPC meeting.
V.      New Business

None
VI.     Close of Meeting
A.      J. O’Donnell made a motion to close the meeting, passed all in favor
B.      Meeting closed at 9:15 PM