Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources
  • Agendas & Minutes
  • Forms, Documents & Permits
  • Pay Bill Online
  • GIS/Maps
  • Contacts Directory
  • Subscribe to News
  • Live Stream and Recorded Video
  • Charter & Ordinances
  • Employment Opportunities
  • RFPs / Legal Notices
  • 250th Anniversary
  • Casino Development Agreement
Residential Development Permits
A Zoning Permit is required for the construction of any residential building or structure (pools, decks, sheds), and fences 8 feet or higher. Permitting is not an overnight process and may take anywhere from one to four weeks depending on project and other approvals that may be required. Please plan ahead and figure on a few weeks to get your permit approved.

Zoning Permit Requirements: If your property has a well or septic sanitation system you will need approval from North Central District Health Department before applying for your zoning permit. North Central can be reached at 121 Pearl Street, Enfield, CT 06083. Phone number: 860-745-0383.

All applications for a zoning permit require the following:

• Approval from North Central District Health Department, if applicable.

• Approval from the Conservation/Wetlands Commission if the proposed improvement is with a regulated area.

• A complete Zoning Permit Application, including the application fee.

• A plot plan, sketch, or diagram of the applicants property that includes, existing structures, location and size of the proposed improvement (deck pool, shed, addition), location of well and/or septic system, and the distance from the proposed improvement to all property lines.

• New single family residential homes require an A-2 survey (signed and sealed by an appropriate design professional) and an erosion and sedimentation control bond (minimum $1,200 cash or check to the Town of East Windsor).