Town of East Windsor
Inland Wetland Watercourse Agency
Town Hall, 11 Rye Street, P.O. Box 389, Broad Brook, CT 06016 Tel: (860) 623-2302 Fax: (860) 623-4798
September 3, 2008
I. CALL TO ORDER - 7:30 p.m.
II. ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
III. AGENDA ADDITIONS
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – 7/2/08, 8/6/08
V. PUBLIC HEARINGS (on Inland Wetland applications)
VI. CONTINUED APPLICATIONS OR BUSINESS
1) Windsorville/Reservoir Road (Glen Reichle) – Application of Glen Reichle to conduct regulated activities associated with constructing and deconstructing a watercourse crossing within the Chestnut Brook and restoring natural conditions. Total parcel is 152.1 acres, located on the south side of Reservoir Avenue across from East Windsor Park. (Application continued until 9/3/08)
2) Lot 4, 5 and Parcel 2 Winkler Road – Application of Gerald Wilcox requesting to conduct regulated activities associated with clear cutting within the Upland Review Area to convert land to farmland, installation of an access road and farm pond. Total parcels are 3.23 acres, located on Winkler Road. (65-day application period ends 10/10/08)
3) Wapping Road – Application of the Town of East Windsor requesting to conduct regulated activities associated with drainage improvements within the Town right-of-way along Wapping Road. (65-day application period ends 10/10/08)
4) Scantic River from Enfield to S. Windsor Town Lines – Application of the American Heritage River Commission requesting a ruling of the Agency for a non-regulated use. The application requests to restore the navigability of the Scantic River in the Town of East Windsor by selectively cutting a path thru trees and snags that are across the River. (65-day application period ends 10/10/08)
VII. NEW BUSINESS
VIII. NEW APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED
X. AGENT DECISIONS
XI. VIOLATIONS (for action or show-cause hearing)
1) 10 Shoham Road (USA Hauling) – Status update
2) 45 Miller Road (Emil & Rita Mulnite) – Clear cutting of trees immediately adjacent to the Dry Brook.
XII. STATUS REPORTS
1) Newberry Village – Site inspections.
XIII. CONFERENCES/ SEMINARS/ TRAINING
1) Board Development – Training/Topics Schedule
I. Packet handouts.
1) Opportunity for Comment - Received a copy of Ellington Inland Wetlands & Watercourses application #IW200816, a request for permit to subdivide 24.48 acres to 17 lots for single-family development, construction of public infrastructure, drainage provisions and associated activity within a regulated area at 42 Crane Road, Ellington, CT.
2) FYI – Army Corps of Engineer letter regarding the jurisdictional determination for wetlands located at a 14.4 acre parcel known as 54 Prospect Hill Road and bordering Newberry Road. Determination was requested by Roscoe Enterprises, LLC.