TOWN OF EAST WINDSOR
The following ordinance was adopted in special town meeting duly warned and held March 8, 1960, will become effective fifteen (15) days from the date hereof.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE TOWN OF
EAST WINDSOR THAT:
1. A Park and Recreation Commission is hereby established for the Town of East Windsor pursuant to the provisions of 7-148 of the General Statutes of the State of Connecticut revision of 1958, as amended.
2. Said Park and Recreation Commission shall consist of five (5) members, not more than three (3) of such members being from the same political party, and which Commission shall serve without compensation.
3. Within thirty (30) days after the effective date of this Ordinance, the chief executive authority of the Town shall appoint five (5) persons to the said Park and Recreation Commission to hold office until the 15th day of October, 1961 and then shall appoint five (5) persons to said Commission to hold office for two (2) years from October 15, 1961, and shall make such appointments biennially thereafter the terms of two years. The appointing authority shall designate the person to be Chairman of said Commission.
4. Said Park and Recreation Commission shall maintain and conduct parks, playgrounds, baths, swimming pools, gymnasiums, recreation places and public gardens situated, or which may be established by said Commission, in the Town of East Windsor.
5. Said Park and Recreation Commission shall submit a budget to each annual Town Meeting for the ensuing year for the purposes set forth in Paragraph 4 of this Ordinance, for which purposes the Town of East Windsor is hereby authorized to make appropriations.
Dated at East Windsor, Conn., this 9th day of March, 1960.
Attest: Grace E. Kerkins
East Windsor, Conn.,
(Note: Legal Advertisement
in East Windsor Enterprise