EAST WINDSOR CHARTER REVISION COMMISSION
AGENDA for August 14, 2008
LOCATION: Town Hall Meeting Room, 11 Rye Street, Broad Brook, CT.
CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m.
2) Added Agenda Items
3) Previous Meeting Minutes, comments and acceptance:
4) Public Participation - The public is encouraged to provide their thoughts as succinctly as possible. CRC members will not comment on the merits of an idea at this meeting but may ask questions to clarify the proposal. A time limit may be imposed.
5) Written input submitted to CRC:
a) Memo from Laurie Whitten, Town Planner, requesting the Conservation Commission/Inland Wetlands Commission be split into 2 commission.
b) Memo from Eric Moffett, Chairman of the Economic Development Commission requesting the current membership makeup be changed to include 2 alternate members.
6) Administrative Housekeeping:
7) Review of CRC Members input for proposed revisions:
8) Discussion of top 5:
a) Additional appropriations - should they go to referendum, or should the amount which triggers approval via a Town Meeting be raised.
b) Discussion of separate referendum for additional appropriations requested midway in the fiscal year.
c) Report of Sub-Committee regarding review of language revision for Section 8-4 Budget Meeting, Subsection B, regarding vote of those present in relation to automatic referendum.
d) Report of the Ordinance Sub-Committee (including review of addition of the Code of Ethics).
e) Review of Demographics for surrounding Towns
f) Review of failed Charter revision regarding changes proposed.
9) Brainstorm for additional items, no counter points
10) Second Public participation
11) Guidance for next meeting