EAST WINDSOR CHARTER REVISION COMMISSION
AGENDA for December 11, 2008
LOCATION: Town Hall Meeting Room
11 Rye Street
Broad Brook, CT.
CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m.
2) Added Agenda Items
3) Previous Meeting Minutes, comments and acceptance/11/13/2008
4) Public Participation - The public is encouraged to provide their thoughts as succinctly as possible. CRC members will not comment on the merits of an idea at this meeting but may ask questions to clarify the proposal. A time limit may be imposed.
5) First Selectman Menard/a) Update on request to First Selectman regarding legal review of charter changes.
6) Written input submitted to CRC: Nothing received
7) Administrative Housekeeping:
8) Review of CRC Members input for proposed revisions:
9) Discussion of top 5:
a) Karen Gaudreau/Present research regarding Registrar of Vital Statistics
b) Bonnie Yosky/Present research regarding status of Civil Preparedness Director.
c) Karen Gaudreau/Present research regarding status of Permanent Commissions
d) Review of present charter, and currently proposed changes, Chapters 6 and 7 for review of consistency, clarity, and compatibility.
9) Brainstorm for additional items, no counter points
10) Second Public participation
11) Guidance for next meeting
FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION: