EAST WINDSOR CHARTER REVISION COMMISSION
AGENDA for October 9, 2008
LOCATION: Town Hall Meeting Room
11 Rye Street
Broad Brook, CT.
CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m.
2) Added Agenda Items
3) Previous Meeting Minutes, comments and acceptance:
4) Public Participation - The public is encouraged to provide their thoughts as succinctly as possible. CRC members will not comment on the merits of an idea at this meeting but may ask questions to clarify the proposal. A time limit may be imposed.
5) Written input submitted to CRC: Nothing received
6) Administrative Housekeeping:
7) Review of CRC Members input for proposed revisions:
8) Discussion of top 5:
a) Clarify if the ability to sign contracts for the Town lies with the Selectman, set specifics on the contract obligations, i.e. a cap on the amount of monetary obligations (Gaudreau/Hoffman)
b) Discussion of response from First Selectman regarding status of Cemetery Association
c) Review of present charter, and currently proposed changes, section by section for review of consistency, clarity, and compatibility.
d) Report of the Ordinance Sub-Committee (including review of addition of the Code of Ethics) (Yosky/Badstubner)
9) Brainstorm for additional items, no counter points
10) Second Public participation
11) Guidance for next meeting
FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION:
This was filed originally on 9/25/08. It had to be redone because of a spelling error.