Planning & Development


Effective March 17, 2020

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, East Windsor officials have taken preventive measures including closing Town Hall to the public. Therefore, until further notice, the Planning & Development Department’s (P&D) permitting process has been modified as outlined below. Please continue to check the Town’s website at for permitting and other important updates. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.


Information can be found on our Department’s page (see links to the left).

If you have a general question or are not sure what type of application you need, please contact us at (860) 623-6030. P&D staff will respond to your inquiry/request in the order in which it was received. 


Application forms can be found by clicking on the link to the left "Applications & Fees".

Submit your completed application and fee via USPS in an envelope addressed to the Planning & Development Department, OR Online via the PermitLink Online Permitting Portal Link. You can also drop your completed application and fee off in the lobby of Town Hall during normal business hours. The Town Hall is located at 11 Rye Street, Broad Brook, CT  06016.

Please be sure that your application has both a daytime telephone number and a valid email address so P&D staff can contact you.

If you have questions about your application, please call (860) 623-6030.

P&D staff will respond to email and telephone calls in the order in which they were received.


Please call us at (860) 623-6030 with any questions.

Land Use applications can be found under the "Applications & Fees" link to the left on this page.

P&D staff will respond to email and telephone calls in the order in which they are received.

Submit 3 originals, and 7 copies of your application and fee via USPS.  Please include the best contact information in order to confirm receipt of your application.

We will contact you if additional information is required.

We will notify you of the meeting date, and the public hearing date, if one is required.


P&D staff may refer you to other departments and regional entities:

Assessor’s Office:  (860) 623-8878
Building Department:  (860) 623-2439
North Central District Health Department:  (860) 745-0383
Public Works:  (860) 292-7073
Town Clerk:  (860) 292-8255
Water Pollution Control Authority:  (860) 292-8264
CT Water:  (800) 286-5700
CT Department of Transportation:  (860) 594-2000
CT Department of Agriculture:  (800) 861-9939

The Planning and Development (P&D) Department staff reviews plans, processes applications, meet with various applicants and citizens, and answers questions relating to the land use regulatory process. The Town Planner also attends evening meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands & Watercourse Agency, Zoning Board of Appeals, the Economic Development Commission, as well as various other boards and commissions as necessary.

The Town Planner is also part of a business visitation team that includes the First Selectman and a representative of the Capitol Region Council of Governments. The goal of this program is to retain existing businesses, as well as attract new businesses, to East Windsor.

The Zoning Enforcement Officer issues Zoning Permits for construction projects and changes of use; conducts site inspections to determine compliance with regulations and approved plans; investigates zoning complaints; issues orders, and appears in court to resolve outstanding violation issues.

Note: All legal notices are published in the Journal Inquirer.

Staff Contacts

Name Title
Margaret Hoffman Administrative Clerk
Ruthanne Calabrese Zoning and Wetlands Compliance Official/Economic Development Liaison